Computers to help you
- Would an additional computer enhance the services you deliver?
- Are you a registered charity?
- Do you support people in Essex?
As a result of our modernisation programme, we will have a number of old computers which are adequate for social and general use but do not meet the minimum requirements for our updated professional software.
Once these computers have been securely cleaned of council data, refurbished and had basic software installed, they will be available for free distribution to registered charities who will use them to work directly with people in Essex, offering opportunities which would not otherwise be available to them to improve computing skills or provide supported internet access.
The types of groups which could benefit from these computers include:
- pre and after school clubs,
- older people’s schemes for ICT literacy,
- digital access for those currently excluded
- access to the Internet through local groups.
There will be a limited number of computers available so distribution is restricted to no more than five computers for each charity.
The computers will be released for refurbishment and distribution gradually over the next 12 months, so we will maintain a waiting list.
You can find out: