The Community Initiatives Fund (CIF) is a small grants scheme designed to fund community projects that:
- create, procure or develop new community assets
- enhance existing community assets
- enhance or develop initiatives that strengthen a community.
There are three parts to the fund:
- CIF (subject to a maximum application of £20,000 for any one project)
- CIF Response (subject to a maximum application of £15,000 for any one project).
- The Superfast Essex Community Wi-Fi Scheme (applications of up to £400 to enable local communities to provide a public Wi-Fi service via their community hubs).
CIF and CIF Response - How to Apply
For full details of the fund, including the qualifying criteria and eligibility, can be found in the guidance notes which should be read before submitting an application.
Please read the guidance notes
for full details of the funds and how to apply.
- receipt of completed expressions of interest: Friday 25 August 2017
- receipt of completed application forms: Friday 22 September 2017
- judging panels’ decisions: throughout November 2017
CIF Response fund 2017/18
- Final receipt of completed expressions of interest - Friday 26 January 2018
- Final receipt of completed application forms - Friday 23 February 2018
- Complete the expression of interest form, including the pre-application checklist, and email them to CIF@essex.gov.uk.
Superfast Essex Community Wi-Fi Scheme
The Community Wi-Fi Scheme, run by Superfast Essex and supported by CIF, is now open for applications.
Local communities can apply for up to £400 to enable the local provision of a superfast public Wi-Fi service via their chosen community hub.
Please read the leaflet and the guidance notes before completing the application form. Information is also available on the Superfast Essex website at superfastessex.org/communitywifischeme. Email your completed application form to email@example.com.
For further information, please call 03330 138008 or email CIF@essex.gov.uk.