The Community Initiatives Fund (CIF) is a small grants scheme funded by Essex County Council (excluding Southend and Thurrock) which is designed to fund community projects that:
- create, procure or develop new community assets
- enhance existing community assets
- enhance or develop initiatives that strengthen a community
The fund has been designed to be as flexible and responsive as possible to the needs of the community. There are two parts to the fund:
- CIF (subject to a maximum application of £20,000 for any one project)
- CIF Response (subject to a maximum application of £15,000 for any one project).
Full details of the fund, including the qualifying criteria and eligibility can be found in the guidance notes
, which you should read before submitting your application.
How to apply
The panel will assess the project, based on the information you have provided, and will either send you an application form or contact you to discuss the project further. Your project may be rejected for funding. You may also be directed to other potential funders.
The main CIF is now closed; we anticipate that it will re-open in April 2017.
In the case of the CIF Response fund, your application will be considered against the criteria by a panel of officers and members who meet monthly.
- Final receipt of completed expressions of interest - Friday 27January 2017
- Final receipt of completed application forms - Friday 24 February 2017
Community Wi-Fi Scheme
For further information, please call 033301 38008 or email CIF@essex.gov.uk.