The following documents underpin the procurement strategy of Essex County Council, and offer information of use to all suppliers and potential suppliers to the council.
These documents provide support for completing and progressing through Pre-Qualification and Tender stages.
Further guidance on ECC Tender Processes, Fit to Supply Checklist (document that assists suppliers in bidding for work with ECC) and ECC standard pre-qualification questionnaire will follow shortly.
Our Supplier Charter
is a voluntary understanding between the Council and our suppliers about how we can work together for mutual benefit.
The Essex Compact is a written understanding between local government, the voluntary and community sector and other partners within Essex about how they will cooperate fairly.
Online procurement courses for suppliers
This is a free online public procurement course to help businesses learn about public procurement and how to bid for public sector contracts.
The course introduces businesses to the key procurement processes, including:
- identifying the advantages and disadvantages of dealing with public bodies;
- understanding how different types of contracts are defined, advertised and dealt with;
- understanding approved supplier lists and framework agreements;
- searching for and finding public sector opportunities;
- identifying the key stages in the tendering process.
It also has a useful resource section, case studies, and a hints and tips download.
ECC is offering suppliers the chance to access free learning materials and information. This is to help you to gain knowledge and to train staff in areas which are important to the Council when sourcing suppliers for contracts. These areas include Equality and Diversity, Health and Safety, Information Security and Confidentiality.
If you are interested in accessing the free learning materials and information, please register you organisation with Scils:
- Go to scils.co.uk
- Click on Register and enter this Registration number: 268ESSEX
- Create your own username and password