From here you can apply for a massage and special treatment licence. These treatments include massage, reiki, reflexology and kinesiology.
To obtain a licence you will need to meet the requirements set out in our guidance notes
. The guidance notes provide information on:
- professionals related to the medical or medically aligned professions, who are exempt from requiring a licence- (under Section 21 of the Essex Act 1987, which will be deemed to exempt EU applicants having an equivalent home-state registration, enrolment or membership)
- conditions relating to masseurs who operate a mobile practice
- who the applicant of a licence should be and the rules to be followed
- the renewals process
- New licence, including 1 therapist £200.00
- Additional staff £20
- Renewal of licence including 1 therapist £70
Licences will be issued after receipt of personal references, police reference and a successful site visit.
Where a site visit is indicated as part of the approval process, there will be no deemed approval of applications by lapse of time. Consent can be validly given only by express notification by the Authority and this will only be given after all applicable site visits have been satisfactorily completed.
Essex County Council
Essex Trading Standards
PO Box 11
Tel: 0345 603 7626
If you are unhappy with any aspect of the service you receive, please get in touch
How to apply