Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content

You are currently in: Admissions

Check to see if your school is open: For information on school closures on Monday December 11 due to adverse weather, please go to the weblink below:

Adverse weather updates 10.12.17 - 11.12.17 - For updates on all major roads, including the M11, A12, A120 and A130, please go to the @highwayseast twitter feed.

Adverse weather updates 10.12.17 - 11.12.17 - Please go to the Essex Highways @essexhighways and Essex County Council @essex_cc twitter feeds for the latest updates on the Essex local road network.

Districts and counties that border Essex

26 April 2017

Primary and secondary schools

You are an Essex County Council area resident if your council tax is payable to one of the following district councils: Basildon, Braintree, Brentwood, Castle Point, Chelmsford, Colchester, Epping Forest, Harlow, Maldon, Rochford, Tendring or Uttlesford.
If you live in Essex you must apply to Essex County Council for your preferred schools, even if some, or all, of your chosen schools are outside of Essex. 
If you do not live in Essex, for the secondary or primary admission rounds, you must apply through the authority to whom your council tax is payable. For mid-year transfers, see the applying mid-year for a school place page.
Please note that Southend-on-Sea and Thurrock are not administered by Essex County Council.
These websites give information about secondary schools in neighbouring authorities.