Primary education in Essex
If your child was born during the period 1 September 2010 and 31 August 2011, please see:
- Is your child going to start primary school in the school year beginnning in September 2015? (available from 10 November 2014)
- Primary Education in Essex 2015/16 (available soon)
The following directories (available soon) have information on specific schools:
- Mid Essex Schools Directory 2015/16 (Braintree, Chelmsford, Maldon)
- North Essex Schools Directory 2015/16 (Colchester, Tendring)
- South Essex Schools Directory 2015/16 (Basildon, Brentwood, Castle Point, Rochford)
- West Essex Schools Directory 2015/16 (Epping Forest, Harlow, Uttlesford)
If your child is already at primary, infant or junior school and you wish to apply for a transfer to a different primary, infant or junior school (currently in the reception year or in Years 1 to 6) see applying mid-year for a school place
Secondary education in Essex
If your child is in Year 6 and due to transfer to secondary school in September 2015, please see:
Once you have read this information you can apply online.
If your child is already at secondary school and you wish to apply for a transfer to a different secondary school see applying mid-year for a school place.
School open days/evenings
Most secondary schools hold open days/evenings where parents can visit the school to help find out more information. You can contact schools directly to ask when they are.
Some primary schools also hold such events and most will make arrangements for parents to visit by appointment. Please contact schools directly for more information.