Consultation on secondary education provision in Colchester
Essex County Council has begun a public consultation
on a strategic plan for the provision of additional secondary school places in Colchester into 2020 and beyond.
If you would like to discuss the proposals, the following drop in sessions with officers have been arranged:
- 15 October 4pm – 8pm Gilberd School, Brinkley Lane, Highwoods, Colchester, Essex CO4 9PU
- 16 October 4pm – 8pm St Helena School, Sheepen Road, Colchester, Essex CO3 3LE
- 17 October 4pm – 8pm Stanway School, Winstree Road, Stanway, Colchester, Essex CO3 0QA
- 18 October 4pm – 8pm Philip Morant School, Rembrandt Way, Gainsborough Road, Colchester, Essex CO3 4QS
- 19 October 4pm – 8pm Colchester Academy, Hawthorn Avenue, Colchester, Essex CO4 3JL
- 22 October 4pm – 8pm Thomas Lord Audley School, Monkwick Avenue, Colchester, Essex CO2 8NJ
- 24 October 10am – 3pm Army Welfare Community Centre,
Fallowfield Road Colchester, CO2 9LL
Any person may make comments on the proposals by sending them in writing to:
The executive director for schools, children and families
c/o Essex County Council
School organisation team, schools, children and families
PO Box 4261
Hereward Primary School, Loughton
In response to this further growth in the demand for primary school places in Loughton, Essex County Council is seeking views through a consultation on a proposal to expand Hereward Primary School from 315 places (one and a half forms of entry) to a 420 place (two form of entry) primary school.
Parents and other interested persons are invited to attend a drop in session (no appointment necessary), where an officer from Essex County Council will be available to talk about the need for additional places in the area and the plans for the school, and to answer questions. This session will run between 2pm and 6pm on Tuesday, 27 September 2012 at Hereward Primary School, Colebrook Lane, Loughton, Essex IG10 2HR.
More information on this proposal can be obtained by writing to the School Organisation and Planning Team, Schools, Children and Families Directorate, PO Box 4261, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 1GS, emailing email@example.com
or telephoning (01245) 436726.
The closing date for comments or objections will be 5 October 2012.
Any person may object or make comments on a proposal prior to the expiry date for comments or objections as mentioned above.
If you require further information or copies of meeting minutes relating to consultations, please contact the School Organisation and Planning Team on 01245 436726 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org