Talk to Frank
- information on any drug or alcohol related issue. You can call their free and confidential 24 hour helpline on 0800 776600, email
and even text them. NHS Smokefree
- for friendly, practical advice on giving up smoking. Free helpline on 0800 022 4332.Alateen
- provides advice for teenagers whose lives are affected by someone else’s alcohol problem, whether it is a family or a friend.The National Association for Children of Alcoholics
- provides advice and support to children who are concerned about a parent who has a drinking problem.Childline
- provides help and advice to young people on a whole range of issues, including drugs and alcohol. Call them free on 0800 1111.The Samaritans
- provide a 24 hour service for anyone who is worried or anxious and doesn’t know who to talk to.TheSite
provides advice for young people on drink and drugs.
If you look after a parent or relative who has a problem with alcohol or drugs, you should visit our Essex Young Carers web page
. It gives advice and support and you can even meet up with other young carers for activities and days out.