We can help you if you're a parent or carer, or a child or young person who needs information, advice and support about special educational needs and disability issues. We offer impartial and confidential support over the telephone or in person around educational issues.
To make a referral call 03330 138913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can help by:
- explaining how education settings can support children and young people with special educational needs / disabilities
- listening to your concerns and explaining what options are available
- supporting you to prepare and plan for meetings and visits to schools and education settings
- developing positive relationships with parents and education settings, authorities and agencies
- establishing links with voluntary organisations and support groups
- guiding you through the education, health and care needs assessment process or putting you in touch with an independent supporter
- including you in discussions with schools and the local authority should your child be excluded
- making sure your views influence the development of local policy and practice for children and young people with special educational needs / disabilities
- navigating the Local Offer website and identifying relevant agencies
Make a referral
To make a referral call the helpline on 03330 138913 or email email@example.com.
Mediation and independent support
ISEssex Independent Supporters provide advice and support through the statutory assessment and education and health care plan (EHC Plan) processes to young people with special educational needs and disability, and the parents of children with SEND.
Families InFocus (Essex) is an independent, parent-led charity providing a range of support to families of children with disabilities and special needs across Essex.
Global Mediation offers independent SEN mediation service for disagreements between parents and the local authority or school. Call Global on 0800 064 4488 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.