If your child has special educational needs (SEN) we can help ensure you receive the right support.
What are special educational needs?
Your child may have special educational needs if they need more help to learn than other children of the same age. They may also have difficulties with one or more of the following:
- Paying attention and listening
- Playing with others and being sociable
- Understanding and reading
- Talking and writing
- Controlling their behaviour
- Sensory or physical needs which may affect them in school
To learn more, visit GOV.UK.
If you think your child may have special educational needs, we recommend you take the following steps:
Most children with special educational needs will make progress with the support of their teacher and SENCO. However, some children may require extra help through an Education Health and Care Plan of Special Educational Needs.