Essex County Council is a leader in bringing education for safe travel to students of all ages.
Like many other authorities Essex experiences varying degrees of anti-social behaviour on school and public transport and following demand for travel awareness training Essex has developed innovative training and educational tools under the umbrella suite of “B Safe B Cool”.
This interactive and fun education resource provides young people with a very clear understanding of behaviours and attitudes related to travelling on school or public transport.
Students learn practical skills needed to deal safely and responsibly with new independent travelling.
The interactive DVDs from B Safe B Cool feature:
- Guidance on cycling, walking
- Dealing with anti-social behaviour on public transport
- Frankie’s Film – a hard-hitting real life student’s story which engages students to discuss safe travel to and from school.
- Get it Zackly right – combines animation and real life action dealing with the transition from primary to secondary school reassuring children who may be catching a bus, minibus or taxi to school on their own for the first time.
- Bus Bullies – How to deal with anti-social behaviour
- Caught on Camera - showing the reality of anti-social behaviour and its consequences.
Educational training presentations can also be delivered to schools and organisations to compliment the DVDs provided.
B Safe B Cool training can help:
- Younger children feel more confident travelling on vehicles with no Passenger Assistant
- Students display more respect for Drivers & other passengers
- Improved behaviour
- Bullying, Crime and anti-social behaviour is reduced
- Safer journeys to and from School
You can find out more by visiting the B Safe B Cool website.