Pre-application advice about ordinary watercourse consent applications and about sustainable drainage is now available at a charge.
The relevant guidance to requesting pre-application advice and costs can be found in the following document.
We will reply to your pre-application request within 28 days.
ECC must determine applications for ordinary watercourse consent and are a consultee to the Local Planning Authority on the acceptability of surface water drainage proposals for major development. It is therefore able to provide advice in relation to these as to the relevant considerations and the information that should be included in an application.
A successful approach to managing pre-application discussions can:
- Improve the quality of applications / proposals
- Achieve better design outcomes
- Avoid delays in the system
- Result in a higher proportion of applications being acceptable on receipt
- Potentially reduce the costs of the planning process and the risk of refusals and appeals
Although potential applicants are not obliged to seek pre-application advice, it is highly recommended that proposals are discussed with ECC at the pre-application stage.