Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Report flooding

What to do in an emergency?

If you are in imminent life threatening danger from flooding then please call 999; Essex County Council Flood and Water Management team are not an emergency response team.

Who to contact in a non-emergency situation?

Flooding can come from a variety of sources; if you need some help and advice regarding a flooding issue then please use the diagram below to find the correct contact.
Highway flooding image
Highway Flooding
Main river image
Main River
Coastal flooding image
Coastal Flooding
Ordinary watercourse image
Ordinary watercourse
(including ditches and pipes)
Sewer flooding image
Sewer flooding
(Anglian WaterThames Water)
Surface water image 
Surface water
Goundwater image
Reservoir image
Reservoir flooding
If you are still unsure who to contact about your flood please complete the form in the related links section on the right of this page and we will get back to you.

Related Links