- find out when your rubbish is collected
- find out what recycling can and can’t be collected
- report a missed waste or recycling collection
- have a bulky or special item collected
- receive new waste and recycling containers.
Your local council also deals with street cleaning, fly-tipping and abandoned vehicles and provides local recycling banks.
Disposal of waste
Essex County Council is responsible for the disposal of your household waste and operates a number of recycling centres
across the county, where you can dispose of many items free of charge.