Low Carbon Across the South East (LoCASE*) is a project providing business support across the South East Local Enterprise Partnership (SELEP) area. The project helps small and medium sized businesses adopt eco-innovative and low carbon solutions to improve business performance - by developing resilience, profitability and competitiveness - at the same time as contributing to the protection and preservation of the environment.
The LOCASE project can provide match funded grants of up to £10,000 to:
- Help cover the cost of energy efficiency measures for any small or medium sized business
- Enable businesses in the low carbon sector to expand and develop
- The project can also provide free expert advice and innovation support, including:
- Mentoring support from experienced, private sector professionals for growth focused low carbon/environmental sector companies in Essex
- Development and implementation of effective Travel Plans for staff and visitors.
Who can apply?
To be eligible for a grant or support, businesses must;
- Be considered an SME (i.e. employ fewer than 250 people, and have an annual turnover not exceeding €50 million or a balance sheet not exceeding €43 million);
- Spend the full value of the LoCASE grant on a project taking place within the South East LEP;
- Secure 60 per cent of the costs of the project in cash from private sector sources before the LoCASE grant agreement is concluded**;
- Not be engaged in a restricted sector according to the state aid regulations and ERDF requirements.
- Not have either already exceeded the de minimis state aid limit (€200,000 over three years) or to be in a position where the de minimis state aid limit would be exceeded were the application to be approved
** These points apply to funded grants only (provision of advice and support is free of charge)
Businesses in the South East Local Enterprise region can apply for funding or support from the LOCASE project, this includes:
- Kent and Medway
- East Sussex
What can the LoCASE project fund?
Does your business want to save money on overheads by installing energy efficiency measures? Grants of between £1,000 and £5,000 are available to be spent on both parts and installation costs for items including:
- LED lighting and controls
- Energy efficient motors, drives and air compressors
- Heat exchangers
- Building improvements
Does your business offer low carbon goods or services? If so, grants of between £1,000 and £10,000 are available to be spent on costs such as:
Purchasing equipment and machinery
Research and development costs
Marketing and website development
Business development consultancy
*The Low Carbon Across the South East Programme has been funded by the European Regional Development Fund 2014‐2020. It is a partnership between Kent County Council, East Sussex County Council, Essex County Council, Southend‐on‐Sea Borough Council, Thurrock Council and the University of Brighton.’