An application for the renewal of your Blue Badge should not be made more than 3 months before the renewal date of your existing badge. If your existing badge was issued by another authority follow the Applying for a Blue Badge
If Essex County Council issued your existing badge, and you want to renew it, you need to
- Check you are eligible for a badge.
- Complete the application form using the guidance notes to help you.
- Provide the necessary proof of address and proof of identification – see guidance notes.
- Obtain any necessary Supporting Documentation (see below)
- Send the application form, photo (taken in last 12 months) and any required supporting evidence to the address below.
Essex County Council
Blue Badge Team
200 The Crescent
Colchester Business Park
Check you have included all you need with your application. See page 5 of the guidance notes
- If applying because you receive the higher rate of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance you must include a photocopy of your entitlement letter dated within the last two years
- If applying because you receive the War Pensioner Mobility Supplement call us on 0845 603 7630 to see if you need to provide evidence of your entitlement
- If applying because you have received a lump sum benefit under the Armed Forces and Reserve Forces (Compensation) Scheme you need to provide a photocopy of the official letter from SPVA
- If applying under discretionary entitlement we will contact you to arrange an independent mobility assessment once we have received all other documentation.