Do you have a child or young person who has personal care needs that require carer support? Are you fed up with not going to some places because of the lack of facilities?
Changing Places may be of help to you and your family.
We are working to provide fully accessible toilets and personal care facilities including:
- Adult sized, height adjustable changing benches
- Hoisting equipment
- Enough space for a child/young person, plus two carers
- Centrally placed toilets with room either side for the carers
- Privacy screens or curtains around the toilet
- Wide tear off paper roll to cover the bench
- A large waste bin for disposable pads and a non-slip floor.
The Changing Places website
lets you search by location or postcode and also gives you the option to plan your journey.
Following funding from Shortbreaks for Disabled Children and Young Adults the following locations are now set for Changing Places facilities in 2016
- Colchester Zoo – Spring
- Great Notley Country park – Spring
- Tropical Wings Zoo – Spring
- Chelmsford Athletics Centre – Spring
- Harlow Town Park (Near Pets Corner) – Autumn
Further locations and developments are still in the planning stages and will be updated as soon as we have news.