There are lots of things that you can do to improve your health and wellbeing.
Easy, but powerful things.
5 Ways to Wellbeing aims to promote five easy steps that everyone can do to keep their body and mind, happy and healthy.
Watch more here.
The 5 Ways to Wellbeing include:
- Be Active launches on Monday and is all about promoting keeping active and healthy. It is about showing that you don’t have to go to the gym but things like taking a walk, cycling or even gardening can have benefits to your health. We want to help people find an activity that they enjoy and encourage them to make it part of their life going forward.
- Take Notice is the second of the five ways and is about being be more aware of the present moment, including thoughts and feelings, your body and the world around you. Some people call this awareness "mindfulness". It can positively change the way you feel about life and how you approach challenges.
- The third of the 5 ways is Keep Learning - learning new skills can give you a sense of achievement and a new confidence. So why not sign up for that cooking course, start learning to play a musical instrument, or figure out how to fix your bike?
- Give is the fourth of the five ways and aims to show that even the smallest act can count. Whether it's a smile, a thank you or a kind word. Larger acts, such as volunteering at your local community centre, can improve your mental wellbeing and help you build new social networks.
- The last of the five ways is Connect. This means connecting with people around you, your family, friends, colleagues and neighbours and spend time developing these relationships.
Be Active launches in partnership with Active Essex outside County Hall on Monday 22 May from 10am. There will be information and a number of activities to try, all welcome.