The Met office has issued Heatwave alerts. Get the latest forecast for Essex.
We are advising residents during this spell of hot weather to:
- Stay out of the heat.
- Cool yourself down.
- Keep your environment cool.
Stay out of the heat by:
- Keeping out of the sun between 11am and 3pm.
- If you have to go out in the heat, walk in the shade, apply sunscreen and wear a hat.
- Avoid extreme physical exertion.
- Wear light, loose-fitting cotton clothes.
Keep cool by:
- Having plenty of cold drinks and avoid excess alcohol, caffeine and hot drinks.
- Eat cold foods, particularly salads and fruit with a high water content.
- Take a cold shower or bath.
- Sprinkle water over the skin or clothing, or keep a damp cloth on the back of your neck.
Further information and guidance is also available below.
If you are travelling during the heatwave you can keep up with the latest information on what's happening on the roads by following @essex_travel on Twitter