- Login using your library card number followed by your PIN
- The default PIN is your birthday in the format ddmmyy and then follow the instructions
You can renew an item up to seven times. After this it must be returned to a library, though you might be able to borrow it again if it has not been reserved by someone else.
Renewing a CD or DVD will create a further hire charge.
Reserve a library item
- request a book that is not available in any Essex library; we shall then request the book from another library authority.
- make article requests.
Please note that the following items are subject to charges:
- Requests made through library staff (excluding items obtained from the British Library) - £1
- Requests using the interlending form - £1
- Items obtained from the British Library (books and articles, per item) - £3
Exemptions: children, young adults, Home Library service customers and people with Access library cards.
You can return items to any Essex library
in no matter where you borrowed it from.
If you think there is a topic or genre of book not in stock, please let us know
We can't guarantee to provide it (some material may be too expensive, or not available to public libraries) but every suggestion will receive serious consideration.
You might find it useful to have a look at our stock policy