Working together with schools and colleges throughout Essex, the Essex Youth Service is inviting young people in Essex to register for the Duke of Edinburgh's award this autumn.
As the world's leading youth achievement award, the DofE aims to engage, inspire and empower young people from every possible background, giving them the chance to develop skills for life, education and work.
The Essex Youth Service's mission is to provide all young people in Essex aged between 13-24* years old with the opportunity to start their Duke of Edinburgh's Award. *13 year old's have to be in current year 9.
A bursary is also available to support young people to complete the award. Funded by Essex County Council and the Duke of Edinburgh's Award it supports the guiding principle of the DofE Award being achievable by all, by supporting disadvantaged young people and those with additional needs.
Registering for The Duke of Edinburgh's Award
Are you inspired to push yourself mentally and physically, make friends for life, and experience adventure?
- DofE is available to all 13*-24 year olds across the whole of Essex. *13 yr olds have to be in year 9.
- Speak with the DofE leader at your school/college to get a place on the DofE programme, OR
- Register with the Essex Youth Service who offers the bronze, silver and gold award from their youth centres, located in: Braintree, Brentwood, Chelmsford, Colchester, Hadleigh, Harlow and Loughton. Registrations open all year round with no cap on numbers.
- Start your DofE adventure in autumn 2018 with an early bird offer running until end of September 2018 - Save £10 on your registration fee.
- To register for the award, to book a place at one of the October information evenings and to read more about teh bursday, please take look here.