Colchester residents and businesses will be able to find out more about Essex County Council’s revised proposals for Lexden Road.
The authority is holding a public information event detailing its proposals that will help manage the expected increase in traffic due to the planned economic and housing growth in Colchester.
The new plans to improve the corridor include:
- Improvements to the London Road/Straight Road junction
- Improvements to the Norman Way junction with Lexden Road
- Introduction of a 'no waiting' zone adjacent to the Lexden Crown
- New bus laybys to assist with school and regular bus services
- New or adapted crossings
- Improvements to the approach to the Maldon Road roundabout
The event is being held at Colchester Royal Grammar School, Lexden Road, CO3 3ND, on Wednesday 3rd August between 4pm and 7:30pm, at the request of local County Councillor, Sue Lissimore.
Councillor Rodney Bass, Cabinet Member for Infrastructure, Essex County Council, will be present to explain the proposals and respond to residents’ questions from around 6.00pm onwards.
Essex County Council’s plans are being made possible through a £150m Local Growth Fund (LGF) deal.