What service is being provided?
Adult Service Placement Service.
This service arranges the social care support services that you require with our contracted social care providers.
What personal data do we need from you?
- Contact details
- Social care ID
- NHS number
- Family details
- Lifestyle and social circumstances
- Case file information
What ‘special types’ of personal data do we need from you?
- Physical or mental health details
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Religious or other beliefs of a similar nature
- Social care support outcomes
Who will be using your personal data?
The Data Controller is Essex County Council.
The Data Protection Officer for Essex County Council can be contacted at email@example.com.
Health Providers, Domiciliary Care Providers, Residential/nursing care providers, Education Providers, Day Care Providers, Prepaid Card Providers, Transport/ Community Link Providers, Social Care database provider (Serverlec) and BIP Solutions Ltd are Data Processors supporting this purpose.
What will it be used for and what gives us the right to ask for it and use it?
- Service delivery
- Service planning/improvement
If we cannot use your data:
We would not be able to arrange or provide social care support that you require.
Our legal basis for using your personal data is:
Under a legal obligation
Our legal basis for using your special personal data is:
- Health and social care treatment
- Health and social care management
Who else might we share your data with?
- Health providers
- Domiciliary care providers
- Residential/nursing care providers
- Education providers
- Day care providers
- Prepaid card providers
- Transport / community link providers
Will your data be stored in or accessible from countries with no UK-equivalent Privacy Law protections?
How long will your data be kept?
We will stop using your data after we no longer have a statutory reason to use your information, this may be when your services have ended and we are no longer required to use your information for service planning or improvement purposes.
Your data will be deleted 7 years after we stop using it where a service has been provided or 5 years after we stop using it where we have only provide you with advice and information.
Our use of your data will be subject to the following legal rights:
- Your Right to be Informed
- Your Right to Access your personal data
- Your Right for us to Rectify your personal data
- Your Right to Restrict our processing of your personal data
- Your Right to object to Automated decision making and Profiling
We will make automated decisions or profile you based on your data
How will this be done?
What will happen as a result of the decisions?
As you are not giving your data directly to us, this is who is giving us your personal data:
The adult being assessed for social care support.
Is this a source of personal data open to anyone?
Link to a relevant other privacy notice
More information about Privacy Law, our obligations and your rights:
If you have concerns over the way we are asking for or using your personal data, please raise the matter with our Data Protection Officer
- Postal Addres: Data Protection Officer, Information Governance Team, Essex County Council, County Hall, Market Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM11QH
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: 03457 430 430
If you still have concerns following our response you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office
- Postal Address: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- Online form
- Phone Number: 0303 123 1113