What service is being provided?
To enable Essex County Council to provide newsletter/ blog updates on various council services.
What personal data do we need from you?
- First Name (optional)
- Surname (optional)
- Email address
- Phone Number
Who will be using your personal data?
The Data Controller is Essex County Council.
The Data Protection Officer for Essex County Council can be contacted at email@example.com.
Government Digital Service (GDS) is a Data Processor supporting this purpose.
What will it be used for and what gives us the right to ask for it and use it?
- Service Updates
- Service Delivery
- Service Planning/Improvement
If we cannot use your data we would not be able to provide you with updates relating to Essex County Council activities.
Our legal basis for using your personal data is under your Consent.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by accessing your Notify account and amending or removing your existing consents
Will your data be stored in or accessible from countries with no UK-equivalent Privacy Law protections?
How long will your data be kept?
We will stop using your data upon request.
Your data will be deleted immediately.
Our use of your data will be subject to the following legal rights:
- Your Right to be Informed
- Your Right to Access your personal data
- Your Right for us to Rectify your personal data
- Your Right to have your personal data Erased
- Your Right to Restrict our processing of your personal data
- Your Right to Object to how we use your personal data
Link to a relevant other privacy notice
Gov.uk Notify - Privacy Notice
More information about Privacy Law, our obligations and your rights
If you have concerns over the way we are asking for or using your personal data, please raise the matter with our Data Protection Officer
- Postal Address: Data Protection Officer, Information Governance Team, Essex County Council, County Hall, Market Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM11QH
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number: 0333 013 9824
If you still have concerns following our response you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office
- Postal Address: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- Online Form
- Phone Number: 0303 123 1113
Our full privacy notice
Take a look at our full privacy notice.