What service is being provided?
Superfast Essex manages the requests from residents and parish council representatives to become Broadband Champions, which are registered voluntary community ambassadors for the Superfast Essex programme.
Superfast Essex uses the information captured via this form to list on its website and interactive map where communities have a Broadband Champion.
Email addresses are also shared on the website where permission has been given to do so.
Superfast Essex also contacts Broadband Champions using a variety of communication channels when they have an update to share regarding the broadband rollout and to invite them to events to hear more about the programme.
Customers are also given the option to receive a regular newsletter (opt in arrangement).
What personal data do we need from you?
Who will be using your personal data?
The Data Controller is Essex County Council.
The Data Protection Officer for Essex County Council can be contacted at email@example.com.
What will it be used for and what gives us the right to ask for it and use it?
- Service delivery
- Service planning/improvement
If we cannot use your data we would not be able to accept your request to be a Broadband Champion for your community and include you in our list to receive updates and invites to special events.
Our legal basis for using your personal data is under a Consent.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
Will your data be stored in or accessible from countries with no UK-equivalent Privacy Law protections?
Name and email address will be accessible to anyone online. Links to email addresses are only published online where consent has been given to publish on the website.
How long will your data be kept?
We will stop using your data once the programme completes, currently this is expected to be 2022.
Your data will be deleted once the programme completes, currently this is expected to be 2022.
Our use of your data will be subject to the following legal rights:
- Your Right to be Informed
- Your Right to Access your personal data
- Your Right for us to Rectify your personal data
- Your Right to have your personal data Erased
- Your Right to Restrict our processing of your personal data
- Your Right to Object to how we use your personal data
Visit the following links for more information about Privacy Law, our obligations and your rights:
If you have concerns over the way we are asking for or using your personal data, please raise the matter with our Data Protection Officer
- Postal address: Data Protection Officer, Information Governance Team, Essex County Council, County Hall, Market Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM11QH
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number 0333 013 9824
If you still have concerns following our response you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office
- Postal address: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- Online form
- Phone number: 0303 123 1113
View our full privacy notice.