What service is being provided?
HR Payroll, Contracts and Processing providing a service to Essex County Council and its employees for payments and contracts.
What personal data do we need from you?
- Contact details
- Business activities
- Date of birth
- Financial details
- Employment and education details
- National Insurance details
- Family details
- Licences or Permits held
- Lifestyle and social circumstances
What ‘special types’ of personal data do we need from you?
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Trade union membership
- Physical or mental health details
- Religious or other beliefs of a similar nature
Who will be using your personal data?
The Data Controller is Essex County Council.
The Data Protection Officer for Essex County Council can be contacted at email@example.com.
Oracle Fujitsu is a Data Processor supporting this purpose.
What will it be used for and what gives us the right to ask for it and use it?
To provide payment and contract services to Essex County Council and its employees.
If we cannot use your data we could not fulfil our contractual obligations and you could not commence/continue employment with Essex County Council.
Our legal basis for using your personal data is ‘Contract’, and ’Legal obligation’.
Our legal basis for using your sensitive personal data is ‘Employment law’.
Who else might we share your data with?
- Essex Pension Service
- Teachers Pension Service
How long will your data be kept?
We will stop using your data after the employee leaves the authority.
Your data will be deleted 7 years after we stop using it.
Our use of your data will be subject to the following legal rights:
- Your Right to be Informed
- Your Right to Access your personal data
- Your Right for us to Rectify your personal data
- Your Right to Restrict our processing of your personal data
Link to a relevant other privacy notice.
Visit the following links for more information about Privacy Law, our obligations and your rights
If you have concerns over the way we are asking for or using your personal data, please raise the matter with our Data Protection Officer
- Postal address: Data Protection Officer, Information Governance Team, Essex County Council, County Hall, Market Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM11QH
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: 03457 430430
If you still have concerns following our response you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office
- Postal address: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- Online form
- Phone number: 0303 123 1113
View our full privacy notice.