What service is being provided?
Leadership and Talent offer the provision of personal, professional, management and leadership development & consultation support services.
What personal data do we need from you?
- Contact details
- Employment and education details
- Visual images, personal appearance and behaviour
- Licences or permits held
What ‘special types’ of personal data do we need from you?
- Physical or mental health details
Who will be using your personal data?
The Data Controller is Essex County Council.
The Data Protection Officer for Essex County Council can be contacted at email@example.com.
TCS Learn, Robertson Cooper, CPP (trading as OPP) and Saville Assessment Ltd are Data Processors supporting this purpose.
What will it be used for and what gives us the right to ask for it and use it?
- Service Delivery
- Service Planning and Improvement
- Research – we will only used anonymised data for research purposes, and will only use your personal data for research with your consent.
If we cannot use your data we could not forward plan or deliver a service for the authority.
Our legal basis for using your personal data is necessary for a task in the public interest and under a contract.
Our legal basis for using your special personal data is ‘Substantial Public Interest’.
Who else might we share your data with?
Third party suppliers for learning opportunities and apprenticeships.
Will your data be stored in or accessible from countries with no UK-equivalent Privacy Law protections?
How long will your data be kept?
We will stop using your data after a person ceases employment.
Your data will be deleted 7 years after we stop using it.
Our use of your data will be subject to the following legal rights:
- Your Right to be Informed
- Your Right to Access your personal data
- Your Right for us to Rectify your personal data
- Your right to Restrict the use of your personal data
- Your Right to Object to our use of your personal data
As you are not giving your data directly to us:
This is who is giving us your personal data:
- The HR System
- Service Users
- Line Managers
This is not a source of personal data open to anyone.
Links to relevant other privacy notices
Visit the following links for more information about Privacy Law, our obligations and your rights
If you have concerns over the way we are asking for or using your personal data, please raise the matter with our Data Protection Officer
- Postal address: Data Protection Officer, Information Governance Team, Essex County Council, County Hall, Market Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM11QH
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: 03457 430430
If you still have concerns following our response you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office
- Postal address: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- Online form
- Phone number: 0303 123 1113
View our full privacy notice.