What service is being provided?
Early Years and Childcare.
Information, support and advice for the Early Years and Childcare sector to ensure there is sufficient and sustainable early years and child care places across the county. Provide information, advice and guidance to support parent’s childcare brokerage requests.
What personal data do we need from you?
- Child's name
- Name and contact details of parent/guardian
- Date of birth
- National Insurance number
- Family Composition
- Early Years Foundation Stage Profile (EYSP) assessment outcomes
What sensitive personal data do we need from you?
Who will be using your personal data?
The Data Controller is Essex County Council
The Data Protection Officer for Essex County Council can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What will it be used for and what gives us the right to ask for it and use it?
- Delivering this service to you
- Planning and improving the service
- Preventing or detecting of fraud or crime
- Research – using only anonymised data unless we specifically ask for your consent
If we cannot use your data we would be unable to fulfil our statutory responsibility under the Childcare Act.
Our legal basis for using your personal data is “legal obligation”.
Our legal basis for using your sensitive personal data is “Health and Social Care Management”
Who else might we share your data with?
- Other ECC Services
- Education Providers
- Health Agencies
- Commissioned providers, such as Virgin Care and Barnardo’s
- Childcare providers (anonymised data only)
How long will your data be kept?
We will stop using your data after 6 months, and your personal information will then be deleted.
Our use of your data will be subject to the following legal rights
- Your Right to be Informed
- Your Right to Access your personal data
- Your Right for us to Rectify your personal data
- Your Right to Restrict our processing of your personal data
As you are not giving your data directly to us
Schools will be providing us with your personal data.
Visit the following links for more information about Privacy Law, our obligations and your rights
If you have concerns over the way we are asking for or using your personal data, please raise the matter with our Data Protection Officer
- Postal Address: Data Protection Officer, Information Governance Team, Essex County Council, County Hall, Market Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM11QH
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone Number:0333 013 9824
If you still have concerns following our response you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office
- Postal Address: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- Online form
- Phone Number: 0303 123 1113
Our full privacy notice
Take a look at our full privacy notice.