What service is being provided?
Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Information, Advice and Support Service.
Provision for parents, carers, children and young people (0-25 years).
What personal data do we need from you?
- Contact details
- Family details
- Lifestyle and social circumstances
- Employment and education details
- Parent/carer details
- Student and pupil records
- Date of Birth of child
What ‘special types’ of personal data do we need from you?
- Physical or mental health details
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Offences (including alleged offences) of child/young person
Who will be using your personal data?
The Data Controller is Essex County Council.
The Data Protection Officer for Essex County Council can be contacted at email@example.com.
Capita is a Data Processor supporting this purpose.
What will it be used for and what gives us the right to ask for it and use it?
- Service Delivery
- Service improvement and planning
- Prevention and detection of crime and fraud
- Research using anonymised data only. If we would like to use your identifiable personal data we will ask you permission.
If we cannot use your data: We would not be able to deliver a service specific to your needs
Our legal basis for using your personal data is:
- For Personal Data: Public Task
- For Special Category Data: Health & Social care treatment
As we need your consent you may withdraw your consent at any time by contact us.
Who else might we share your data with?
- Local authority EPs
- Specialist Teaching & Preschool Service
- Statutory Assessment Service
- Access to Education team
- Missing Education and Child Employment Service
- Youth service Virtual Schoo
- Education settings
- Social care and health
- Voluntary Service groups
- Transport (SEND)
- Tribunal team
- Safeguarding team
Will your data be stored in or accessible from countries with no UK-equivalent Privacy Law protections?
How long will your data be kept?
We will stop using your data when you no longer need our support. Your data will be deleted 35 years after we stop using it.
Our use of your data will be subject to the following legal rights
- Your Right to be Informed
- Your Right to Access your personal data
- Your Right for us to Rectify your personal data
- Your Right to Restrict our processing of your personal data
- Your Right to Object to how we use your personal data
We may also receive personal information about you from others
None without your consent.
Link to a relevant other privacy notice
Capita privacy notice
Visit the following links for more information about Privacy Law, our obligations and your rights
If you have concerns over the way we are asking for or using your personal data, please raise the matter with our Data Protection Officer
- Postal Address: Data Protection Officer, Information Governance Team, Essex County Council, County Hall, Market Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM11QH
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: 0333 013 9824
If you still have concerns following our response you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office
- Postal Address: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- Online Form
- Phone Number: 0303 123 1113
Our full privacy notice
Take a look at our full privacy notice.