What service is being provided?
Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Provision.
Provision of financial and contractual support and guidance; oversight and management of spend with schools, health, other local authorities and independent providers; development of provision and services for pupils with SEND, commissioning of places in special schools and enhanced provision.
What personal data do we need from you?
- Contact details
- Family details
- Employment and education details
- Parent/carer details
- Date of birth
What ‘special types’ of personal data do we need from you?
- Physical or mental health details
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Offences (including alleged offences) of child/young person
Who will be using your personal data?
The Data Controller is Essex County Council.
The Data Protection Officer for Essex County Council can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Capita is a Data Processor supporting this purpose. Provide also carry out some services for us.
What will it be used for and what gives us the right to ask for it and use it?
- Delivering this service to you
- Planning and improving the service
- Preventing or detecting of fraud or crime
- Research – using only anonymised data unless we specifically ask for your consent
If we cannot use your data: We would not be able to deliver a service specific to your needs
Our legal basis for using your personal data is:
- For Personal Data: Public Task
- For Special Category Data: Health & Social care treatment
Who else might we share your data with?
- Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Health Providers
- Other Local Authorities
- Other teams within ECC
Will your data be stored in or accessible from countries with no UK-equivalent Privacy Law protections?
How long will your data be kept?
We will stop using your data when you no longer need our support.
Your data will be deleted 35 years after we stop using it, or 75 years for Looked After Children. Financial details are deleted after 7 years.
Our use of your data will be subject to the following legal rights:
- Your Right to be Informed
- Your Right to Access your personal data
- Your Right for us to Rectify your personal data
- Your Right to Restrict our processing of your personal data
- Your Right to Object to how we use your personal data
Link to a relevant other privacy notice
Capita - privacy notice
Visit the following links for more information about Privacy Law, our obligations and your rights
If you have concerns over the way we are asking for or using your personal data, please raise the matter with our Data Protection Officer
- Postal Address: Data Protection Officer, Information Governance Team, Essex County Council, County Hall, Market Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM11QH
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone Number: 0333 013 9824
If you still have concerns following our response you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office
- Postal Address: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- Online form
- Phone Number: 0303 123 1113
Our full privacy notice
Take a look at our full privacy notice.