Our free-to-use electronic invoicing system is Marketplace. New suppliers to Essex County Council (ECC) will be requested to join upon their registration to trade with us.
The system is accessed online using a unique user ID and password which allows suppliers to receive and manage purchase orders and submit electronic invoices.
Marketplace provides the following benefits:
- An efficient purchase-to-pay process.
- A single, scalable solution for suppliers of all sizes and capabilities.
- Increased visibility with clear audit trails for all transactions.
- Reduction in time spent on query resolution.
- Improved relationships with ECC.
- Multiple methods of electronic invoicing.
- Removal of paper invoices and associated costs.
- Reporting access on invoice history.
The following three e-invoicing methods are available for use in Marketplace. Suppliers will be supporting during their registration to adopt a method best suiting their IT capabilities and anticipated invoice volumes to ECC.
Purchase Order Flip
Suppliers submit their invoices via Marketplace by logging in and converting (‘flipping’) existing purchase orders into e-invoices.
Suppliers are able to upload a file of electronic invoices, generated from their finance system, into Marketplace. The file must be in one of three accepted XML formats.
Also known as Automated Invoice Presentment, a supplier’s financial system is integrated with ours to allow automatic transmission of XML invoice files from one system to another.
(XML stands for Extensible Markup Language, which enables data to be provided in a specific file format.)
We make payments to suppliers using BACS, which credits payments direct to nominated bank accounts. As quoted in our terms and conditions, payments against invoices will only be made where a valid purchase order number is quoted. The purchase order number is supplied at the point of order.