Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

You are currently in: Paying for care and support

Independent financial advice

9 May 2018

You should talk to an independent expert about your finances to be sure you’re getting complete and accurate advice. It’s also important any advice you get is impartial and puts your needs first.

We can’t recommend companies or financial advisers but the following organisations offer independent advice:

Society of Later Life Advisers provides a database of financial advisers who specialise in giving advice about finances in later life.

The Money Advice Service is an independent service set up by the government that helps people manage their money by giving free and impartial advice on all money matters.

The Pensions Advisory Service offers free and impartial advice on all aspects of state and private pensions.

Citizens Advice offers free and impartial advice on a wide range of financial issues, and can point you towards more specialist advice if necessary. You can also visit your local Citizens Advice branch.

Age UK offers advice to older people. You can also contact your local branch of Age UK to ask for more personal advice.

Visit Living Well Essex for information on: