Take Notice is the second of the 5 Ways to Wellbeing, and is about being be more aware of the present moment, including thoughts and feelings, your body and the world around you.
Some people call this awareness "mindfulness". It can positively change the way you feel about life and how you approach challenges.
Studies have shown that being aware of what is taking place in the present directly enhances your well-being and savouring ‘the moment’ can help to reaffirm your life priorities.
Heightened awareness enhances your self-understanding and allows you to make positive choices based on your own values and motivations.
Take some time to enjoy the moment and the environment around you.
Watch our video to find out more. If this video does not play, you can watch on our youtube channel
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
Be mindful everyday
- notice the everyday – senses
- keep it regular – being mindful regularly
- try something new – sitting somewhere new for lunch, different seat in a meeting or at work
- watch your thoughts
- name thoughts and feelings – develop an awareness
- free yourself from the past and future – be in the present
Wellbeing at work
- To improve your mental wellbeing at work you could:
- Get a plant for your workspace
- Have a ‘clear the clutter’ day
- Take notice of how your colleagues are feeling or acting
- Take a different route on your journey to or from work
- Visit a new place for lunch.
Mindfulness for stress and more
If you are a young person, Young Minds have some great information to help you deal with school and exam stress