Balfour Beatty is starting the third phase of works to the A13/A130 Sadlers Farm junction.
The remedial works will include the removal and replacement of the existing concrete walls to enable vital drainage works to take place to structures on the A13 Link Road. Work will also see the installation of replacement bearings on two of the bridges to improve bridge movement and maximise the operational life of the bridge. Carriageway strengthening and verge drainage works will also be undertaken along the A13 near Pitsea.
Lloyd Holliday, Balfour Beatty Project Director, said: “This is a significant milestone in the programme with phase three works due to launch. We appreciate the patience of the travelling public and the local community and we will continue to work in collaboration with Essex County Council to ensure works cause as little disruption to drivers and residents as possible.”
Cllr Kevin Bentley, Deputy Leader of Essex County Council, said: “These remedial works are being completed at no additional cost to the taxpayer following completion of the Sadlers Farm scheme in 2012. All work has been carefully planned to cause as little disruption to the driving public as possible. Once complete, it will ensure Sadlers Farm continues to deliver benefits to Essex residents and commuters over the next century.”
Where possible, Balfour Beatty will complete works off-highway to reduce disruption to road users and the local community. Some lane closures, overnight works and weekend works will be required to ensure the safety of the travelling public.
Phase three traffic management is detailed below:
- 8 January to 28 January – Brackendale Avenue closure with local diversion (24/7)
- 29 January to 12 February – Canvey Way – Single lane closure under Traffic Light Control. (Nights only from 9pm until 5am)
- 19 February to 25 February – London Road, Tarpots - Single lane closure both directions. (Nights only from 9pm until 5am)
- 12 February to 23 July – A130 Link Eastbound & Westbound - Lane 1 closure (24/7)
- 20 July to 23 July – A130 Link Westbound - Full weekend closure with diversion over Sadlers Farm roundabout