Following on from extremely successful events in October 2017 and April 2018, the Love Essex team are excited to announce our third “Swap Until You Drop" clothes swap event.
The event will be held at High Chelmer Shopping Centre in Chelmsford from 3pm until 6.30pm on Thursday 25 October. Clothes can be dropped off before the event between 1pm and 2.30pm.
A third of the clothes in the average wardrobe are never worn, so the swap shop is a perfect opportunity to clear out your unwanted clothes and accessories and swap them for some must-have outfits.
If you want to join this guilt-free shopping experience, simply bring your good quality items of unwanted clothing, which can be swapped for tokens and exchanged for any other item for free.
Adults and children's clothes are all welcome, as are shoes and accessories. But you must ensure that the items you bring to swap are in a condition they would be happy to receive.
To find out more, check out our Facebook event, and don't forget to tell your friends!
Event details and rules:
• The swap shop will open from 3 - 6.30pm. This is when you can browse the rails and select the items you would like to take home.
• Each person must bring at least one good quality item of clothing, shoes or accessories in a good and clean condition to be allowed to take something from the event
• Please make sure that the items you bring to swap are in a condition that you would be happy to receive them in
• Items will be swished item for item (1 item = 1 token)
• A maximum of 20 items can be swished per person (any further items can be donated but cannot be used to gain tokens)
• Clothes can be dropped off before the event in the centre of High Chelmer Shopping Centre , between 1 - 2:30pm
• Pierced jewellery, nightwear, vests, swimwear and underwear including socks will not be accepted
• Items must be in a good condition, something that has shrunk, is stained or needs repairing (e.g. missing buttons, broken zips, loose sequins or beading, rips, tears, fabric pulls or holes, bobbly bits, disintegrating seams or hems, lint or fluff) will not be accepted.
• Tokens cannot be transferred to other events