Let us know that you are concerned for your own safety

Find out what to do if you're worried, including who to speak to or advocates who can speak on your behalf


If you believe someone is in immediate danger, dial 999. If there is no immediate risk, but a police response is required, call 101 or report on the Essex Police website.

If you have care and support needs and are concerned for your safety, tell us as soon as possible.

This could be because you are:

  • worried about something that has happened 
  • hurt by someone
  • frightened by someone

We're here to help you. We will always listen to you and take what you have to say seriously. 

If you do not want to speak on the phone, you can ask someone you trust to report a concern.

You can also nominate an advocate to speak to us on your behalf. You can use a service called Rethink Advocacy

Contact Adult Social Care if you need advice.


Contact Adult Social Care
Out of hours telephone:
Office hours:
Monday - Thursday8:45 am - 5:00 pm
Friday8:45 am - 4:30 pm