Keep acting responsibly to protect yourself and others. Continue to follow the guidance on GOV.UK.
For information on getting tested, vaccines, coronavirus news and data, and support for businesses and residents, go to the Coronavirus hub .
Cut your energy costs
Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery Scheme
The Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery Scheme is now closed for new applications.
If you're an Essex homeowner with a household income below £30,000, you may be eligible for up to £10,000 of work to make energy efficient improvements to your home.
This could include fitting loft insulation, cavity or solid wall insulation or energy efficient heating. The funding covers the entire cost of the improvements, up to £10,000.
Applications for this phase of the Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery Scheme closed on 30 August 2021.
If you are interested in future funding available after August 2021, please email us at email@example.com
To be eligible for the scheme, you must:
- own a home in Essex that is currently rated as Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) E, F or G
- have a household income below £30,000
If you have a household income above £30,000, you may still be eligible if you or someone in your household receives:
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer’s Allowance
- Child Tax Credit
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance
- Guaranteed Pension Credit
- income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
- Personal Independence Payment
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Universal Credit
- War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement
- Working Tax Credit
Funding is also available for private landlords, local authority-owned properties and social housing, however a 33% contribution from the landlord is required and the maximum funding per property is £5,000.Print this page