Financial support if you are self-employed

Claim a grant

The government has announced a third grant extension for self-employed workers.

To make a claim for the third grant, your business must have had a new or continuing impact from coronavirus between 1 November 2020 and 29 January 2021. You can receive grants of 80 per cent of trading profits.

Visit GOV.UK for information on the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme.

Tax credits

In the meantime, if you have a low income, consider claiming tax credits. If you're already claiming tax credit or Child Tax Credit, you may need to let HMRC know about your change in circumstances because of the coronavirus.

Universal Credit

You may wish to consider claiming Universal Credit. There is a 5 week wait for payments, but it's possible to get an advanced payment.

Other benefits

Check which benefits you may be entitled to so you can make an informed choice.

Print this page