Some of our services have changed. Visit our coronavirus hub for the latest information and advice about finding childcare, childcare providers reopening and direct payments.
Please visit these pages for updates before contacting us.
Find a childcare provider
Make childcare arrangements
Once you have chosen a childcare provider, you may want to set up a formal agreement that sets out what is being provided and at what cost. Other terms and conditions to consider includes:
- details of any fee or deposit
- the date the contract starts
- notice periods
- what is included in the cost, such as nappies and food
- the days and hours your child will be with the childcare provider
- what happens about payment if your child or the childcare provider is sick
- what happens during time off for holidays and bank holidays
- any health issues that need to be managed such as allergies
Once you have agreed details of the contract, it should be signed and dated by all parties. Each party should keep a copy.
Read our guide on Free Early Education Entitlement for 2, 3 and 4-year-olds for more information and advice.Print this page