This is our new website design - it's a work in progress. Tell us what you think

Help with childcare costs

More help with childcare costs

You may also be eligible for help from government childcare schemes and your employers.

Child Tax Credit

Child Tax Credit is an income-related allowance for parents and carers of children or young people who are still in full-time education.

Help for working families

Tax-Free Childcare

Working parents can get up to £2000 government support per child per year towards their childcare costs.

GOV.UK has more information on Tax-Free Childcare.

Working Tax Credit

You may be able to get help pay for childcare whilst you’re working. This is the childcare element of Working Tax Credit.

GOV.UK has more information on Working Tax Credit.

Universal Credit and childcare

You may be able to claim up to 85% of your childcare costs if you're eligible for Universal Credit.

GOV.UK has more information on Universal Credit and childcare.

Employer supported childcare

Some employers provide support with finding and paying for childcare. Talk to your employer about what they offer. See information from HM Revenue and Customs on getting help from your employer.

GOV.UK has more information on what you may be entitled to.

Help for parents in higher education

If you are a full-time student with children you may qualify for extra financial help on top of your standard student finance package.

GOV.UK has more information on student finance.

Print this page