Housing options and care homes
Essex Shared Lives scheme
The Essex Shared Lives scheme supports people aged 18 and over who have care and support needs. It provides accommodation and support, or regular stays or visits, with an approved Essex Shared Lives host. Helping people gain the skills and confidence they need to live independent lives.
The scheme matches the person needing care and support to a compatible host.
You can read more about the scheme in our Essex Shared Lives introduction guide (PDF, 696.49kB).
Apply to be an Essex Shared Lives host
To be an Essex Shared Lives host you must:
- have a suitable spare bedroom
- be willing to support adults with care and support needs, such as learning disabilities and autism
- be comfortable using the internet, email and Microsoft Office
Our online form takes less than 5 minutes. Afterwhich a member of the Essex Shared Lives team will be in touch within 7 days.
What happens next?
If your application is successful, you will be guided through:
- an initial meeting
- an assessment, where you will need to provide an enhanced DBS checks and references
Then you are ready to start being an Essex Shared Lives host!
If you have any questions that are not covered by the content on this page or in our Essex Shared Lives introduction guide (PDF, 696.49kB), contact us by:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 0333 103 8071
We are available Monday to Thursday between 9am to 5pm, and on Fridays between 9am to 4:30pmPrint this page