Coronavirus (COVID-19): government restrictions in Essex

England is under National lockdown: Stay at Home restrictions.

Go to the coronavirus hub to find out what this means for services in Essex, for advice and support.

Brexit Transition information for residents

Changes after the Brexit Transition if you live in the UK

GOV.UK provides guidance on changes at the end of the Brexit Transition if you live in the UK. The site provides guidance on travel to Europe for leisure and business.

EU, EEA or Swiss nationals living in the UK

The UK government has reached an agreement with the EU to protect the rights of EU citizens and their family members living in the UK. It has also reached an agreement with Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein, and a separate agreement with Switzerland.

EEA or Swiss Citizens were able to continue to move to the UK to live and work until 31 December 2020. The EEA includes the EU countries and also Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.

If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK. The deadline for applications is 30 June 2021. You must have started living in the UK by 31 December 2020.

GOV.UK has prepared a step by step guide to help you understand if you need to apply and what you'll need to do if you decide to stay in the UK.

To find out what you need to do and when, use the online tool on GOV.UK.

You do not need to apply to the settlement scheme if you have:

Support for the EU Settlement Scheme

Visit GOV.UK for:

If you need further help with an application then please contact the EU Settlement Scheme Resolution Centre on 0300 123 7379. If you need immigration advice, then you can contact one of the organisations listed online that are allowed to provide this advice.

If you do not have the appropriate access, skills or confidence to use a computer or mobile device to complete the online application then contact the Assisted Digital Service on 03333 445 675 or by texting “VISA” to 07537 416 944.

UK nationals living in the EU

Visit GOV.UK for guidance on the rights and status of UK nationals living in the European Union (EU), Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein and Switzerland.

You can also check specific guidance for the country that you live in.

Print this page