Money, debt and benefits
Household Support Fund
If you are facing hardship, you can get help with your essential household costs. The organisations on this page can help you to access support through the Household Support Fund. You do not need to be claiming benefits to get support.
Where to get support
Essex Essential Living Fund
Anyone can apply for this funding. You will need to answer questions about your income, earnings and savings. You also need to give proof of your financial situation.
The Essential Living Fund can help pay for:
- household furnishings
- white goods
- clothing and footwear, including school uniforms in exceptional circumstances
- general living expenses such as groceries, nappies, toiletries and money for pay-as-you-go fuel meters
You must live in Essex and apply through Southend Borough Council.
Citizens’ Advice in Essex
Citizens’ Advice can provide advice on energy payments and information on other support services.
You can get help by contacting your local centre:
- Braintree, Halstead and Witham Citizens Advice
- Chelmsford Citizens Advice
- Colchester Citizens Advice
- Epping Forest Citizens Advice
- Harlow Citizens Advice
- Maldon and District Citizens Advice
- South Essex Citizens Advice (Basildon, Brentwood, Castle Point and Rochford)
- Tendring Citizens Advice
- Uttlesford Citizens Advice
Voluntary and community organisations
These voluntary and community organisations can help you to access support with food, fuel and essential items.
You get help by contacting the organisation directly:Print this page