Essex Community Initiatives Fund re-opens
Essex’s Community Initiatives Fund (CIF) 2021-22 is now open. Individuals, groups and voluntary organisations can apply for funding for projects that boost their local community.
There are two levels of grant:
• Grants up to £10,000 towards capital or revenue projects that benefit the wider community
• Micro grants up to £500 to help grassroots groups reduce social isolation, improve wellbeing or help communities connect.
The £350,000 fund is administered by Essex Association of Local Councils on behalf of Essex County Council. Applications are invited from town and parish councils, community groups, social enterprises or individuals in the Essex County Council area (not Southend and Thurrock).
Projects should have community backing and show that they help meet a real community need. They could be to:
• create, buy or develop new community assets
• enhance existing community assets
• enhance or develop initiatives that strengthen a community, including cultural initiatives.
The fund was set up in 2019. Examples of projects it has funded include:
• Children’s play areas
• Upgrades to sports facilities
• Improvements to community buildings such as new heating systems or accessible toilets
• A new minibus
• Staff costs for projects or maintenance
• Restoring a nature reserve
• IT systems or support
• Cultural events and activities.
The deadline for expressions of interest is 5 July and the deadline for full applications is 15 August. For more information visit Community Initiative Fund (ealc.gov.uk)