National primary school offer day 2021
Nearly 16,000 parents and carers in Essex will the discover the outcome of their primary school applications today (Friday 16 April), with those who applied online getting confirmation by email or via the Essex County Council (ECC) website.
Out of a total of 15,779 applications that were received on time, 14,161 pupils who are due to start in Reception Year in September 2021 have been offered their parent or carer's first preference of primary school.
This equates to 89.75 per cent of the total eligible cohort and represents a slight increase on last year which saw 89.38 per cent. Nearly six per cent of children were offered their parent's second preference of school. A full breakdown of figures for 2021 is below.
- First preference school – 89.75 per cent
- Second preference school – 5.94 per cent
- Third preference school – 1.93 per cent
- Fourth preference school – 0.70 per cent
- 1.68 per cent of pupils could not be offered one of their parent’s preferred schools and have been offered a place at the nearest school with a place available.