What service is being provided?
Bikeability is cyclist training for the 21st Century, designed to give young people the skills and confidence to ride bikes on today’s roads.
What personal data do we need from you?
- Contact details
- Date of birth
What ‘special types’ of personal data do we need from you?
Health and mental health.
Who will be using your personal data?
The Data Controller is Essex County Council.
The Data Protection Officer for Essex County Council can be contacted at email@example.com.
What will it be used for and what gives us the right to ask for it and use it?
If we cannot use your data Bikeability training cannot be delivered.
Our legal basis for using your personal data is consent.
As we need your consent you may withdraw your consent at any time by contact us.
Who else might we share your data with?
We will not share your data with any third parties.
Will your data be stored in or accessible from countries with no UK-equivalent Privacy Law protections?
How long will your data be kept?
We will stop using your data after 6 years.
Your data will be deleted immediately after we stop using it.
We will stop using your sensitive information including health and mental health data immediately after the course has been completed.
Our use of your data will be subject to the following legal rights:
- Your Right to be Informed
- Your Right to Access your personal data
- Your Right for us to Rectify your personal data
- Your Right to have your personal data Erased
- Your Right to Restrict our processing of your personal data
- Your Right to Object to how we use your personal data
Visit the following links for more information about Privacy Law, our obligations and your rights:
If you have concerns over the way we are asking for or using your personal data, please raise the matter with our Data Protection Officer
- Postal Address: Data Protection Officer, Information Governance Team, Essex County Council, County Hall, Market Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM11QH
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number: 0333 013 9824
If you still have concerns following our response you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office
- Postal Address: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- Online form
- Phone Number: 0303 123 1113
Our full privacy notice
Take a look at our full privacy notice.