What service is being provided?
Corporate Health and Safety Team- provides advice on health and safety management to comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act and all subordinate regulations.
What personal data do we need from you?
- Contact details
- Employment and education details
- Business activities
- Case File information
What sensitive personal data do we need from you?
- Physical or mental health details
- Trade Union Membership
Who will be using your personal data?
The Data Controller is Essex County Council.
The Data Protection Officer for Essex County Council can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AssesNet is our Data Processor providing technology to support this purpose.
Here are AssesNet's privacy notices.
What will it be used for and what gives us the right to ask for it and use it?
- Service Delivery - we have to comply with health and safety laws for the authority and for schools maintained by the authority.
- Research - we will be using anonymised data only unless we specifically request your consent to use identifiable personal data.
If we cannot use your data we could not comply with Health and Safety Executive requirements to report under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR).
Our legal basis for using your personal data is because we have a legal obligation to do so and it is necessary for a task in the public interest.
Our legal basis for using your personal data is for the establishment or defence of legal claims, there is a substantial public interest in us doing so, and for occupational health reasons
Who else might we share your data with?
The Health and Safety Executive.
Will your data be stored in or accessible from countries with no UK-equivalent Privacy Law protections?
How long will your data be kept?
We will stop using your data once the case is completed.
Your data will be deleted in accordance with our retention of records policy after we stop using it.
Our use of your data will be subject to the following legal rights
- Your Right to be Informed
- Your Right to Access your personal data
- Your Right for us to Rectify your personal data
- Your Right to Restrict our processing of your personal data
- Your Right to Object to our use of your personal data
Visit the following links for more information about Privacy Law, our obligations and your rights
If you have concerns over the way we are asking for or using your personal data, please raise the matter with our Data Protection Officer
- Postal address: Data Protection Officer, Information Governance Team, Essex County Council, County Hall, Market Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM11QH
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone number: 0333 013 9824
If you still have concerns following our response you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office
- Postal address: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- Online form
- Phone number: 0303 123 1113
View our full privacy notice.