What service is being provided?
The Service Design team lead on the development of user-centred services for the residents and businesses of Essex.
Their role is central to supporting the council’s digital ambitions: they work closely with teams across the council to improve online experience for service users, build or configure new platforms and create new digital services.
This might include things like information and guidance you might find on Essex County Council websites, online payment tools and online forms.
What personal data do we need from you?
- Contact details
- Family details
- Lifestyle and social circumstances
- Goods and services
- Visual images
- Personal appearance
What ‘special types’ of personal data do we need from you?
- Physical or mental health details
Who will be using your personal data?
The Data Controller is Essex County Council.
The Data Protection Officer for Essex County Council can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
What will it be used for and what gives us the right to ask for it and use it?
Using your data enables us to contact you about relevant research or testing we are conducting.
This research and testing helps us ensure that web services and other services we develop reflect the needs and experiences of those using them.
We collect some personal information about you so that we can contact you about research and testing that will be most relevant to you, and aligned to the interests that you specify.
If we cannot use your data
If we could not use your data it would impact our ability to develop services which meet your needs.
Our legal basis for using your personal data is:
As we need your consent you may withdraw your consent at any time by contact us.
Who else might we share your data with?
We will not share your information with any third party.
Will your data be stored in or accessible from countries with no UK-equivalent Privacy Law protections?
How long will your data be kept?
We will stop using your data after one year from the point of collection.
Your data will be deleted immediately after we stop using it.
Our use of your data will be subject to the following legal rights:
- Your Right to be Informed
- Your Right to Access your personal data
- Your Right for us to Rectify your personal data
- Your Right to have your personal data Erased
- Your Right to Restrict our processing of your personal data
- Your Right to Object to how we use your personal data
Visit the following links for more information about Privacy Law, our obligations and your rights
If you have concerns over the way we are asking for or using your personal data, please raise the matter with our Data Protection Officer
- Postal address: Data Protection Officer, Information Governance Team, Essex County Council, County Hall, Market Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM11QH
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone Number: 0333 013 9824
If you still have concerns following our response you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office
- Postal dddress: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- Online form
- Phone Number: 0303 123 1113