Sometimes we may need to share your information, but we will only do so where it is necessary or required by law. We will only share the minimum personal information for each circumstance.
We may sometimes need to share some of your information with:
- Commissioned service providers
- Other education providers, e.g. schools, colleges, Learning Records Service
- Essex Safeguarding Boards
- Financial agencies, e.g. Education Skills and Funding Agency, Pensions providers, Student Loan Company
- Government Agencies (e.g. Department for Education, Ofsted, Department for Works and Pensions (DWP), Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), HM Court and Tribunal Service, Probation Service and Community rehabilitation companies, including Youth Offending Service
- Health service providers including NHS Agencies (e.g. GPs, Hospitals, Ambulance, Health Visitor, Speech and Language Therapists)
- Independent Clerk to the Admissions Appeals Panel
- Other ECC social care or education teams
- Other local authorities
- Performance agents
- Regulatory bodies, e.g. Ofsted, Information Commissioners Office (ICO), Ombudsmen, University/College Admissions Body, Vetting Agencies (e.g. Disclosure and Barring Service)
- Insurers, claims underwriters and insurance brokers
The NHS may share your NHS number with statutory education services for the provision of targeted education for children and young people.
If you want to opt-out from the use of your NHS number for education purposes, please talk with your key worker, or contact us on 0345 603 7630 or email us
We may also use Data Processors to support these activities, for example by providing the systems we need to or delivering services on our behalf.
- Capita One our case management system for core education services
- MyConcern, Learning Assistant, TextMarketer, Cardexchange, Moodle, Infinity, TERMS, Pro suite of software and PICS support our Adult Community Learning service
- Aim Apprentices supports the Apprenticeships Promotion and Brokerage Hub
- Oracle supports our Schools payroll service
- Contracted school transport operators
- Visual Files supports our Special Educational Needs Tribunals, Insurance and Legal Services
- Run a Club, Salesforce and Mosaic are supporting our Youth Services
- Welfare Call (LAC) Ltd (system), National Consortium of Examination Results (NCER) and Fischer Family Trust (FFT) support our Virtual Schools service.
- AssessNet supports our health and safety service
- LACHS supports our insurance service